EAST YORK LEARNING EXPERIENCE
GENERAL FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
MARCH 1ST to 31ST
Powered By: Update Thermometer
It’s time for our annual fundraising campaign. During the month of March every year, we ask donors to fill the gap between what our funders provide and what it actually costs to run our program. With only one funding increase from our major funder in the past 15 years and taking into account rising costs, this year’s goal is $10,000.
At East York Learning Experience, we help adults improve their reading, writing, basic math and computer skills. Operating as a charity in East Toronto since 1987, we are one of the largest community-based, one-to-one, adult literacy programs in Toronto. Your donation will go far – we have been awarded the top 4-star rating from Charity Intelligence (a charity evaluator) for a number of years, and a recipient of their Charity Impact Fund for 2 years in a row. This honour is awarded to the programs they deem to be one of the top 10 charities in Canada. (To read about CI’s evaluation process and check out our profile, visit: https://www.charityintelligence.ca/)
See the difference your donation will make:
- $20 pays the babysitter for one single mother to attend her tutoring session
- $150 pays the TTC tokens for all our unemployed or low income clients to attend their sessions for one month
- $1700 sponsors one student for a whole year
How you can help?
- Send us a cheque (East York Learning Experience 266 Donlands Ave. Toronto, ON M4J 5B1)
- Donate online on our website by using the ‘Donate Now through Canada Helps’ button
- Forward this email to your family and friends
- Select us in your United Way payroll charitable giving program (contact us for more info)
Thanks for your support!
EYLE Fundraising Committee
East York Learning Experience is a non-profit adult literacy program serving East York, parts of east Toronto, and west
Scarborough. EYLE has spent 26 years building our organization with the objective of reducing the
social and economic barriers of adult literacy students. Our students
are highly motivated and demonstrate a real commitment to
their learning. EYLE recruits and trains community volunteers who
work on a one-to-one basis with adult students to develop their
reading, writing, math, and basic computer skills.
EYLE Mission Statement
Our mission is to assist adults seeking to improve their personal and working lives through programs in literacy and basic math and computer skills.
- EYLE offers a one-to-one, small group, and computer-based learning service
- A student-centered curriculum that takes into account the unique needs of our adult literacy students
- State of the art technology and learning resources
- Flexible hours of operation
- A friendly and warm environment where our students are encouraged and supported in their learning goals
- Community-mindedness by encouraging our students to play a role in
the program through our various committees and our Board of Directors
- Wheelchair Accessible
EYLE would like to thank our Funders
Through the generous donations and support of the Ministry of
Training, Colleges, and Universities, private donors,
foundations, and corporations, East York Learning Experience continues
to make possible the goal of breaking down the social and economic
barriers of adults who are building their literacy and basic skills.
How to donate through United Way Payroll Deduction
To make a donation, click on the ‘Donate Now through CanadaHelps.org button’ below, or send a cheque to: East York Learning Experience, 266 Donlands Ave., Toronto, ON M4J 5B1. Any amount is greatly appreciated.
Charitable tax receipts will be issued on amounts of $10.00 or more.
Thank you for helping us give the gift of literacy!